Breaking the Limits of Your Mind with David Goggins
David Goggins is known as the "Toughest Man Alive," amongst other titles of grandeur. He is a retired Navy Seal and is the only member of the U.S. Armed Forces to complete SEAL training, the U.S. Army Ranger School, and the Air Force Tactical Air Controller training.
David currently spends his time pushing the human limit by joining ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-triathlons. He has over 60 races under his belt as he runs in support of The Special Operations Warrior Foundation. He has inspired countless high school students, athletes, and entrepreneurs to believe in themselves and break past the limits of their own mind.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- David Goggins opens up about his childhood and his struggles growing up
- David talks about the steps he took to get into the Navy and his setbacks.
- What is the Accountability Mirror and what does it do for you?
- How David survived "Hell Week" more than once
- What switch determines our ability to overcome obstacles?
- Why your greatest challenge is overcoming yourself
- David recounts how he qualified for his first 100-mile race at Badwater
- The value of looking internally and dissociating with negativity when motivating yourself
- How learning from your failures can be a source of power and strength
- How David met Jesse Itzler and his learnings and greatest accomplishment that rooted from their friendship
- What's next for David?
In this episode…
The mind is an incredibly powerful thing, and once we have control over it, we can do amazing things. Every person has their own sets of trials and challenges and having the ability to overcome these and taking control over your life is arguably one of the most sought-after and most rewarding achievements that any person can have. And retired Navy SEAL David Goggins not only transformed his life by overcoming his own mind, but he was also able to help others do the same.
Join Ed O'Keefe in this episode of Wake Up Minute as he talks to David Goggins about how he transformed himself to become who he is today and why he runs in support of the Special Operations Warrior Foundation. Tune in as they talk about pushing beyond your limits, overcoming challenges and personal roadblocks, the value of internalization and dissociation from negativity, and find out why you are your own biggest enemy and what you can do to change that.
Resources Mentioned on this episode
- Ed O’Keefe on LinkedIn
- WakeUp Foods
- David Goggins
- Can’t Hurt Me by David Goggins
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation
- Living with a SEAL by Jesse Itzler
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Wake Up Foods, a company that’s dedicated to producing 100% plant-based, allergen-free food waffles that both kids and adults cannot help but love.
Wake Up Foods is committed to creating food that not only tastes good but is actually healthy for every member of the family. Their most popular product, the ready-to-eat waffles, is made with six of the best ingredients there is to make this snack a delicious and complete energy powerhouse.
Get fueled every day with zero refined sugar and zero crashes with a snack that was lovingly made to keep your family happy, healthy, and satisfied..
Try Wake Up Foods today and experience an energy-filled day every day.