Forging Mental Awareness with Chriss Smith Jr., Founder and Co-owner of Trident Athletics
Chriss Smith Jr. is a life coach, mentor, entrepreneur, and retired Navy SEAL with over 12 years of experience in the SEAL Teams and other Special Operations units. He is the Founder and Co-owner of Trident Athletics, one of the largest CrossFit gyms in the nation. Chriss has worked with countless professionals, first responders, industrial athletes, and military forces to build both physical and mental toughness in their jobs and everyday lives.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Chriss Smith Jr. discusses his transition from an engineer to a Navy SEAL
- Chriss’ life-altering experience during BUD/S training
- The importance of developing mental toughness in the face of failure
- The current racial turmoil in the CrossFit community and Chriss’ thoughts on the future
- Chriss recalls a moment during a recent trip to the grocery store that made him think about privilege and responsibility
- What does change really look like, and what impact do you want to make in your community?
- Ed and Chriss stress the importance of proper training, support, and protection in order to produce real results
- Chriss breaks down the mindset of mentally tough warriors versus the mindset of quitters
- The exhilarating training experiences that Chriss teaches at Spartan Seven
In this episode…
You're on the last leg of a marathon, and the fatigue starts to set in. Thoughts of quitting begin to race through your mind, but you don’t want to let your team down. Do you grit your teeth and walk to the finish line, or do you give in and say better luck next time?
Chriss Smith Jr. has been faced with the decision to give up or forge ahead many times in his career as a Navy SEAL, entrepreneur, and CrossFit trainer. However, he learned the value of mental toughness at the start of his SEAL training, and since then he has applied this mindset to every challenge that has come his way. Now, Chriss passes this mental resilience on to his clients in order to help them achieve peak physical and mental prowess.
In this week's episode of the Wake Up Minute Podcast, host Ed O'Keefe interviews Chriss Smith Jr., Founder and Co-owner of Trident Athletics, about the importance of training and support when developing your mind and body. Chriss discusses the lessons he learned as a Navy SEAL, the importance of mental toughness when faced with a challenge, and his thoughts on race, privilege, and real change. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Ed O’Keefe on LinkedIn
- WakeUp Foods
- Marine Essentials on Amazon
- Ed O’Keefe Show
- Time Collapsing by Ed O’Keefe
- Chriss Smith Jr.
- Chriss Smith Jr. on LinkedIn
- Trident Athletics
- Spartan Seven Adventure
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Wake Up Foods, a company that’s dedicated to producing 100% plant-based, allergen-free food waffles that both kids and adults cannot help but love.
Wake Up Foods is committed to creating food that not only tastes good but is actually healthy for every member of the family. Their most popular product, the ready-to-eat waffles, is made with six of the best ingredients there is to make this snack a delicious and complete energy powerhouse.
Get fueled everyday with zero refined sugar and zero crashes with a snack that was lovingly made to keep your family happy, healthy, and satisfied.
Try Wake Up Foods today and experience an energy-filled day everyday.
Powered by Rise25 Media.