Negotiating Like Your Life Depended On It with Chris Voss of The Black Swan Group
Chris Voss is the Principal and Founder of the Black Swan Group, a company that solves business communication problems using hostage negotiation strategies. Chris uses his experience as an international hostage negotiator to train business leaders in Fortune 500 companies on how to negotiate in the boardroom and get the results they want. He has taught his methods in various business schools including, Harvard School of Business, MIT, Georgetown, USC, Northwestern University, and many more. He is the author of Never Split The Difference: Negotiating Like Your Life Depended On It, where he imparts his wisdom of how to use negotiation tactics in sales, with your family, or even with your local baker.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Chris Voss gives an overview of his book, Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It
- What is the Mirror Technique and the right way of using it in business
- Why underestimation is a great negotiation tool and how you can use it to your advantage
- How to flip the structure of the argument on your opponent to gain the upper hand
- Chris recalls how he came up with the concept of allowing others to reveal their emotions.
- How do you mentally prepare yourself for a negotiation?
- How can you use empathy to connect with your audience and lead them to the choice you want?
- How do you listen for the solid gold in a conversation that will help you close the deal
- How to get a free copy of Ed O’Keefe’s book and 50% OFf on his anti-inflammation pack
In this episode…
The ability to negotiate in business is a crucial factor in whether or not you can get the results you want out of a deal. If you are unable to convince your client of their need for your services, then you have essentially lost a moment to deepen your relationship with them and comprehend their genuine need. Chris Voss, author, international hostage negotiator, and Founder of The Black Swan Group, has taken the world by storm with his tactics for negotiating in the boardroom and at home.
What is the importance of emotional intelligence in negotiation? How can underestimation be your secret tool in closing a deal? How do you determine which 90-second golden nugget can help you cinch the deal in your favor?
Get the answers to those questions and more in this week's episode of Wake Up Minute, Ed O'Keefe talks with author and international hostage negotiator, Chris Voss, about business negotiation strategies that will work seamlessly within the four walls of a boardroom and outside of it. Also, watch out for Ed’s announcement on how to get a free copy of Ed O’Keefe’s book, Time Collapsing: The New Art of Speed, Money, Power, and Meaning, and how to get 50% OFF on his anti-inflammatory pack. Stay tuned.
Resources Mentioned in this episode
- Ed O’Keefe on LinkedIn
- WakeUp Foods
- Ed O’Keefe Show
- Chris Voss on LinkedIn
- Chris Voss MasterClass
- Chris Voss on Twitter
- The Black Swan Group
- FIX: Fitness Interactive Experience
- Never Split The Difference by Chris Voss
- Time Collapsing: The New Art of Speed, Money, Power, and Meaning by Ed O’Keefe
Sponsor for this episode...
This episode is brought to you by Wake Up Foods, a company that’s dedicated to producing 100% plant-based, allergen-free food waffles that both kids and adults cannot help but love.
Wake Up Foods is committed to creating food that not only tastes good but is actually healthy for every member of the family. Their most popular product, the ready-to-eat waffles, is made with six of the best ingredients there is to make this snack a delicious and complete energy powerhouse.
Get fueled everyday with zero refined sugar and zero crashes with a snack that was lovingly made to keep your family happy, healthy, and satisfied..
Try Wake Up Foods today and experience an energy-filled day everyday.